Adopt A Family
Show them you care. Adopt a Family connects caring and supportive individuals in the community with families in need. Host an event to communicate encouragement and express support to those families and children served by one of our programs who are experiencing poverty and homelessness: Write letters of support, get to know their stories, or host a fundraiser in their support. Show them they are not alone during a time of distress. Contact us at 203-754-0000 and we will connect you to a Family in Need.
Make a Birthday Wish
If you have everything you truly need this year, do something truly special. Ask your friends and family to celebrate your birthday by giving Gifts of Hope and Love in your name to support those in our community struggling with homelessness, hunger, and poverty: People who genuinely need your support.
Simply ask that others go to our website and click on Ways to Give, and then Make a Gift in Honor of Your Birthday. Take pride and reward in knowing that you truly celebrated life by helping the people we serve to build a better and brighter tomorrow.
Host a Pizza Party
Indulge, have fun, and support those in need. Contact your local pizzeria and ask if they will donate a portion of their proceeds to support the charitable work of the St. Vincent DePaul Mission of Waterbury, Inc.
Pepe Pizza supports "Good Neighbor Nights," another way they work to help organizations raise funds. Call Pepe's at 203-440-1924 to learn more.
Host a Game Night
People of all ages love games. Host a family-friendly fundraising event that everyone can enjoy! What any host should consider:
- A variety of Board games, and/or video games, decks of cards, and Trivia questions.
- Competition prizes, and a refreshment/food stand.
- Charging an Admission.
- Have guests fill out competition entry forms.
- Enlisting volunteer scorekeepers and vendors.
- Advertising across social media with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Creating flyers and posting them in community centers, schools, bookstores, and businesses.
Host a Bake Sale
Turn on the delicious. The key to a successful bake sale is great treats and location, location, location.
To create variety of treats, first survey your bakers early on to find out what they will make and donate to the sale. Consider a variety of items like doughnuts, chocolate cakes, oatmeal cookies, fudge brownies, and apple pies.
Here's what you should also consider:
- A Coordinator to organize the rest of the bakers.
- A clean location for the sale in a high foot traffic area.
- Additional event volunteers to help with setup and clean up.
- Tables with tablecloths to display your yummy items.
- The lay out of your items so buyers have easy access to all selections.
- Small index cards to list out ingredients and alert people with allergies.
- Gloves, serving utensils, paper plates, napkins and plastic silverware.
- Beverages: water, tea, coffee, etc.
- Plastic wrap and/or bags for baked goods.
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
* This message is only visible in administrative mode