Walk in their footsteps – Race for awareness
Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Place: Sacred Heart High School, 142 South Elm St., Waterbury, CT 06706
Participants under 18 years must be registered and accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
Tee-Shirts. Refreshments. Entertainment. Prizes.
Encourage your friends, family, and other runners and walkers to register today.
Help us promote this great event! Click here to download the event flyer.
Participants are encouraged to obtain donations for their walk or run. Click here for a sample form.
All contributions are tax-deductible. Donations of non-perishable food are welcome.
1. The Scovill Street Garage at 33 Scovill Street (behind Palace Theater).
2. Buckingham Ramp Garage, accessible from Bank Street across from Diorio's Restaurant. Bank Street is one-way here. Enter Bank Street from Grand Street
3. Legal, on street parking places as may be available (primarily on Union Street).
4. School parking lot on left side of building is limited to early-arriving event volunteers.
1. South Elm Street is one-way in front of the school. Enter from Union Street.
2. There is ongoing construction of the Interstate 84 and Route 8 Interchange (The "Mixmaster.") which results in occasional rerouting of the entrances/exits to these roads as well as detours on local roads. Use GPS with caution.
For more information, please contact
Lorein (203-754-0000, email@example.com)
If you would like information on sponsoring this event, please download form or register online.
This event is for walkers and racers alike. Please join us at Sacred Heart High School to support the charitable work of the St. Vincent DePaul Mission—serving people experiencing homelessness, poverty, hunger, and mental illness.
For those who choose to walk, the walk is 2.5 miles long.
The Walk takes the participants through the St. Vincent DePaul Mission's Thrift Store, Soup Kitchen, and Shelter, the same facilities where the poor receive clothing, food, and a place to sleep, with the guidance of Mission staff. Each walker will can receive a leaflet describing many of the buildings, statues, and other historic landmarks that can be seen along the walk route. Families, civic organizations, and church groups dedicated to charitable service are encouraged to assemble a team for this event.
It begins at Sacred Heart High School in Waterbury, and follows a route to pass through the Thrift Store, Soup Kitchen, and Homeless Shelter, and ends at Sacred Heart High School. Walkers use sidewalks and are escorted by Waterbury Police Explorers assisted by the WPD. and Event Staff at critical locations. Our employees are in place within each facility to tour participants.
For runners, the 5K Race also begins at Sacred Heart High School. We are working closely with our race officials and the City of Waterbury to provide you with a great course.
The race is timed and winners in each class are awarded a medal. For your safety, the Police Department handles road closures, directs traffic, leads, and follows runners throughout the race.
Runners may visit the Homeless Shelter after the race.
Trophies and medals will be awarded for the Team Challenge and male and female overall winners and for first, second, and third place in the usual age categories Youth, Teen, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+.
Runner Team Challenge
Best total time for 5 runners on a team wins the trophy!
Teams must register to qualify.
Walkers: $10 (under 9 years, free)
Runners: $25, or $30 (on day of)
Check-in is at 12:00pm noon at
142 S. Elm St., Waterbury, CT 06706
Preregistration is preferred.
OUR SPONSORS SPOT
We are Grateful to All Supporters
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
* This message is only visible in administrative mode